Understanding your business from the inside out is a key step in the right direction. We want to know how your business works, and what technology does in order to make your daily tasks function seamlessly. How do you keep track of records? How do you communicate with vendors, customers and your own internal staff?
Most customers and businesses are computer savvy in that they are familiar how to use a computer, but are unaware of its setup. So they usually don't have a network diagram, knowing what hardware/software they own, what licenses they have, which licenses have expired, what kind of website service they have and when it expires, the list goes on. So we start with an audit. We meet with the customer and assess the scope of the work, the environment, the challenges...common sense, right?
So what makes our IT consulting service different? To start, we listen to our customers. We discover what they want in the way of a solution, as well as what they want from their IT consultant.
An SCN Solutions audit creates a complete review of a customer's network and operations environment, including:
- Network Elements - locations, hardware types, environmental issues, connectivity
- Documentation - network layout, application documentation, licensing, disaster recovery
- Network Redundancy - points of failure, recovery plan, backups, RAID configurations
- Support Contracts - repair turn-around-time, contact numbers and support policies
- Operations - processes, problem resolution methods, network management, training needs
- Network Security - security analysis, PCs, firewalls, routers, VPNs, passwords and accounts
Our experts will work closely with your staff to obtain a prioritized checklist and defined program of recommended initiatives. Once your project has been mapped and a full understanding of where your business is today, we can develop a roadmap of where you need to go to achieve an efficient Managed IT Service model. Assessments available include:
- Service Request and Support
- IT Asset Management